From this week’s Green Home in the New York Times, here are 5 ways to green your own home. The list is provided here, read the article for complete details. All of these ways will not only reduce your impact on the environment, but will help you save money in the long run, even if the initial investment is costly. In general, the ways to green your home are relatively simple and if everyone starts to make these changes, the impact could be tremendous.
1. Unplug appliances and other electronic devices not in use or install a smart power strip.
2. Place a soda bottle in your toilet to conserve water.
3. Install an ultra-low-flow shower head.
4. Reuse gray water in toilets.
5. Put in new thermostats that are programmable.
Can you think of other way’s not listed here to green your home?